Mangalore to Wayanad Taxi
Wayanad, nestled among the mountains of the Western Ghats, is a popular tourist destination in Kerala. Its breathtaking scenic beauty and lush greenery beckon people from far and wide. This hillstation with its untouched
pristine quality is home to beautiful plantations, forests and abounding wildlife, a haven for all lovers of nature.
Wayanad, is a truly picturesque locale with many a hidden treasures. Apart from its mist capped mountains, water springs,
blue water lakes and miles long wild forests, this charming hill station also boasts a large tribal population. For many a
tourists this is a rare opportunity to get up close and see the fascinating lives of these tribals at close quarters.
If you're the adventurous type you could even stay at a tree top house or a mud hut and experience the thrill of jungle life.
The hill station of Wayanad, envelopes a number of delightful jewels within its folds, so come visit Wayanad and discover these hidden beauties.
Places to visit
Some of the famous spots that are a must visit out here
- Edakkal Caves The Edakkal caves are believed to be one of the earliest places of human dwelling. Located at around 10 kilometers
from Wayanad, these caves are of great interest to archaeologists and historians as well. As they display beautiful carvings of humans,
animal figures and numerous symbols. These also showcase the primitive lifestyle of man at the beginning of civilisation.
- Ambalavayal Heritage Museum Situated at a distance of 12 kms. from Wayanad, Ambalavayal Heritage Museum is regarded as one of the
best heritage museums of Kerala. The museum houses artifacts going way back to the 2nd century. These include - primitive weapons, bows and
arrows, old clay idols and sculptures that are reminiscent of that period.
- Chembra Peak This is the highest hill in Wayanad, situated at a height of 2100 meters above sea level. The Chembra peak is beautiful
and an ideal spot for trekking, though an arduous trek the amazing view at the top is totally worth your while.
- Kuruva Island The Kuruva Island located 17 kms from Wayanad, is a lovely island on the Kabini river. This practically untouched
island is spread over a massive 950 acres of lush green tropical forests and is gaining in popularity as a major tourist spot. The Island is
home to many a rare species of birds, plants and animals, one may also find tribals out here as they many a times row to this place from nearby
- Soochippara Waterfall and Sentinel Rock Water fall Soochippara Waterfalls are the most famed of waterfalls in Wayanad. Water
cascading down the Sahya mountains makes for a mesmeric sight. One can enjoy sports like- water rafting and swimming etc. at this location.
- Pakshipathalam Pakshipathalam, situated at 1740 metres above sea level is at a distance of 37kms from Wayanad. Home to a varied
species of rare birds this spot is considered one of the best for bird watching as also an ideal spot for a trekking expedition .
A walk down here reveals Wayanad in all its glory with undulating hills, wayside streams and wild forests beguiling one to come and be
one with nature. A huge cave is also to be found here which is believed to have been occupied by sages down the years for meditation and is
quite a popular tourist haunt.
- Thirunelli Temple The famous Thirunelli temple is at a distance of 30 kms. from Wayanad . Situated amidst the Brahmagiri Hills,
it is a beautiful, serene and tranquil spot, oft referred to as the 'Kashi of South'. The ancient temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu, is much
renowned. The Papanasini spring, which is located just a short way from the temple is extremely famous and is believed to have sacred powers.
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary The Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary also known as the Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary was setup in the 1970s
and comes under Project Elephant. Many a species of wildlife as also herds of wild elephants can be seen here. If interested one can enjoy
an elephant safari arranged by the forest department out here. The sanctuary is also home to a wide variety of plants and herbs.
- Valliyoorkkavu Temple The Valliyoorkkavu temple, dedicated to Goddess Durga is worshipped among the tribal communities. It is famous
for its 10 day-long annual festival that is celebrated in the month of April.
- Pookot Lake Pookot Lake, is a freshwater lake and one of the most popular tourist spots of North Kerala. Boating along the lake is a
truly enchanting experience. An aquarium is also located just near the lake.
- Lakkidi Lakkidi, with a picturesque scenery is one of the highest locations in Wayanad, at about 700 metres above sea level.
The beautiful lofty mountain peaks, the gurgling streams and the beautiful winding roads all seen from this high point assume an altogether
different charm making it a truly fascinating experience.
- Another favourite activity indulged in by many a tourists out here, is an excursion to Vythiri, a lovely place hidden within the dense
hilly ranges of Kerala. Very famous for its pristine beauty and pollution free air, this place will charm you no end.
Wayanad, is well known for bamboo products, wild honey and spices.The Uruvu Eco Shop, located near Pookot lake is a fabulous place to check
out for many a knick-knacks. This shop sells a lot of handmade products made by tribal women. Here you can pick up stuff made of a
variety of Bamboo, a speciality of this place. You can also find shirt hangers, wine bottle covers, coasters etc made of bamboo.
Uruvu Eco, also sells gift packets of spices, pickles and forest honey so if you're looking at carrying momentos home then this is the
place to be in.
Places to eat
Looking for a good place to eat at then check out these delightful options- Hotel Haritagiri-Malabar Food,
Hotel MGT International and Vythiri Resort.
The weather in Wayanad, is pleasant throughout the year however the best time for a trip here is during October to May, when the weather
is at its best and ideal for sightseeing. August- September is the period of Onam festivities which is celebrated with great religious
fervour here and makes for a very interesting and beautiful sight to behold.
BookCab, has a range of
cabs to choose from - Tata Indica to BMW 7 Series , as per your requirements. You can book a cab at any time to Wayanad
and back and be assured of the best of cars and service from BookCab. So friends, get going and
check it out!
Wondering how to reach Wayanad from Mangalore? Bookcab has the best car rental solution for your Mangalore to Wayanad trip with its reliable drivers and cars. Hire a taxi from Mangalore to Wayanad at Bookcab's ultimate taxi hire services. Bookcab gives a new definition to the online cab booking system from Mangalore to Wayanad with reliable and on-time cab services. Bookcab, the outstation specialist has a large fleet of cars to choose for a taxi from Mangalore to Wayanad at affordable prices. Bookcab provides taxi services from Mangalore airport to Wayanad. You can even hire a cab from Mangalore railway station to Wayanad. Bookcab is one of the few car rental agencies in India, that has an exclusive price for one way taxi from Mangalore to Wayanad. Mangalore to Wayanad route is spread over a distance of 253 Km and travel duration is approximately around 5 hours 20 mins. Weather and climate conditions in Wayanad. Get to know the weather along with climatic conditions info in Wayanad before you get ready to travel. Thinking about where to put up in Wayanad? Bookcab provides all the info about Hotels in Wayanad. Hotels in Wayanad India - Find Budget, Cheap and Luxury hotels and resorts in Wayanad.
We also provide one way taxi services from Mangalore to Wayanad.
Please click here to find taxi fare from Mangalore to Wayanad for all kinds of vehicles.