Coimbatore to Coorg Taxi
Also known as Kodagu, Coorg is a district in the state of Karnataka. Sitting in nature's lap in the Western Ghats, the city has attracted tourists from far and wide for its luscious
landscapes, high hills, mighty mountains and the vast spread of tea and coffee estates. Coorg is called the
'Scotland of India' for all the right reasons.
Places to Visit
Waterfalls, forts, wildlife sanctuaries, temples and beautiful views, Coorg has a mix of cultural richness and
nature's bounty. These are some of the tourist attractions that you can add to your itinerary while in Coorg.
- Abbey Falls: It is one of the most visited falls in the city. It is 8km away from the capital of Coorg, Madikeri.
Though it is located amidst the forests the roar of the falling water can be heard from a good distance. The walk through
the cardamom and coffee plantations is just the appetizer, the actual treat being the view of the falls. Irrespective of
the season, Abbey falls have plenty of water throughout the year.
- Iruppu Falls: Located in the Brahmagiri hills, 48 km from Virajpet, is a sacred site called Iruppu.
River Lakshamana-Tirtha descends into what is called the Iruppu falls. There is a story behind the origin of this river.
It is believed that it possesses powers to cleanse one's soul of all sins. It is thronged by devotees from all over the
country on Shivaratri. A few kilometers away from the falls is a temple dedicated to Lord Ram.
- Nagarhole Wildlife Sanctuary: 93 km from Madikeri, it is one of the first 'bio-sphere' reserves in the
country. This wildlife sanctuary inhabits a variety of animals and birds, like spotted deer, bison, wild boar, elephant,
mongoose, tiger, panther, peacock, fowl and a lot more. The forest department organizes morning and evening tours of the park.
- Omkareshwara Temple: Located in Madikeri, this temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It has an interesting
history, which is inscribed on a copper plate hanging at the temple entrance. The architecture of the temple is a mix of
Gothic and Islamic styles.
- Madikeri Fort: Centrally located in the town of Madikeri is this 19th century fort. Present in the
fort are a chapel, a Ganesha temple, a prison and a museum. The fort offers breath-taking views of the whole town.
- Talakaveri: At about 4,500 ft above sea level is a place in the Brahmagiri hills where river Kaveri
originated. A pond called tirtha kundike marks the place from where the river emerges as a spring. There are two temples,
one dedicated to Lord Shiva and the other to Lord Ganesha. A climb of around 365 steps from Talakaveri is the Brahmagiri
peak from where you can enjoy scenic views of the surrounding hills. It is around 48 km from Madikeri.
- Dubare Elephant Camp: The Forest Department has its elephant capturing and training camp in the Dubare
forest located on the bank of river Kaveri. From riding an elephant to bathing it under professional guidance of the mahouts,
you can experience it all. Adventure lovers can do white water rafting or trekking to reach the camp. It is at a distance of
20 km from Madikeri.
- Raja's Seat: This place in Madikeri, offers spectacular views of sunrise (before 7 am) and sunset
(between 5.30pm and 730 pm). Around the time of sunset there is a musical fountain for added entertainment. There is also a
toy train ride at a nominal cost.
- Mandalapatti: A ride of 35 km through the coffee plantations is yet another place offering excellent scenic
views. Mandalapatti is almost 1600 ft above sea level.
- Bagamandala: It is the spot of confluence of three rivers, Kaveri, Kannike and Sujyoti. On the bank of the
river is the Sri Bhagadeshwara temple, which offers free lunch of simple vegetarian food. It is 40 km away from Madikeri.
- Nisargadhama: It is an island ideal as a picnic spot. It is surrounded by the lush greens of bamboo, teak,
and sandalwood trees, and the river Kaveri. The island has small cottages for short stays and a lot to keep you busy during
your stay, like boating and elephant ride. It is around 3 km from Kushalnagar.
Places around Coorg
- Bylakuppe (32 km): It is one of the largest Tibetan settlements in southern India. There are a number of
Buddhist monasteries, of which the Namdroling Monastery is the most famous and enchanting.
- Mysore (121 km): Known for its serene gardens and the famous palace, Mysore is the cultural hub of Karnataka. Must sees are
the Brindavan gardens, Mysore Palace, Chamundi Hill, St. Philomena's Church, Jagmohan Palace and Art Gallery, Mysore Zoo
among the major attractions. The list does not end there as there are quite a number of museums, gardens and parks worth
- Mangalore (160 km): It is the port city of Karnataka. Must see places include Mangaladevi temple, St. Aloysius
Chapel, many more temples and churches and beautiful beaches. For those on the lookout for adventure, there are plenty of
jungles for that adrenaline boost.
- Spices and Honey: Coorg is famous for its spices. The most bought spices include pepper and cardamom.
Dry fruits can also be purchased. The made-in-Coorg honey is produced by the efforts of the Coorg Progressive Bee-Keepers
Co-operative Society. Coorgi oranges and pineapple papads are also worth a try.
- Clothes: Buy Coorgi silk sarees and also learn to wear it the Coorgi way.
- Traditional Weapons: A tribe Coorg, the Kodavas, are said to be descendants of Alexander the great.
They always carry traditional weapons, which can be purchased as a souvenir of your trip.
- Coffee: Different types of coffee seeds are sold.
Places to eat:
There is no dearth of eating joints in Coorg. The city is known for its spicy and non-vegetarian cuisines. The prominent
ingredients in Coorgi food include a mix of peppers, chilies, cardamom, curry leaves and coconut.
You'll find traditional Kodava food at Coorg Cuisinette, Raj Darshan, Hotel Veglands and similar local restaurants.
Chinese, Continental, Tibetan and standard Indian cuisines are also available in most of the restaurants.
Although it is pleasant throughout the year, the best time to visit Coorg is April to November when the average temperature
ranges from 20-30 degree Celsius. If visiting during this time of the year then do carry thick cotton or light woolen clothes
to keep you warm.
June to September is the monsoon season during which it is advised not to trek on the hills as the rocky terrain tends
to be slippery. Keep an umbrella handy if you are travelling in the rainy season.
The harvest festival of Coorg, 'Puthar' held in November or December gives a different color to the city. Try to catch
the fun and festivities of the season when the villagers perform traditional dances and sing folk songs.
When it comes to hill-stations, Coorg is a hot pick among travelers. To avoid the last-minute hustle book a cab well in
Wondering how to reach Coorg from Coimbatore? Bookcab has the best car rental solution for your Coimbatore to Coorg trip with its reliable drivers and cars. Hire a taxi at Bookcab for a car rental trip to Coorg from Coimbatore. Bookcab gives a new definition to the online cab booking system from Coimbatore to Coorg with reliable and on-time cab services. We at Bookcab provide a wide range of cab services from Coimbatore to Coorg. We have a young fleet and experienced chauffeurs. Avail car rental services from Coimbatore airport to Coorg. We provide taxi services from Coimbatore railway station as well. In addition to round trip, Bookcab also provides one way car rentals from Coimbatore to Coorg at economical prices. Estimated distance from Coimbatore to Coorg is 327 Km. Journey time for Coimbatore to Coorg would be approximately 6 hours 21 mins. Thinking what is the weather in Coorg? Check out the weather info, while travelling from Coimbatore to Coorg at Bookcab. Get accurate and reliable weather information and weather updates here. Wondering where to stay in Coorg? Bookcab has got all the details of Hotels in Coorg. Get the list of hotels in Coorg with contact details and addresses. Find detailed information on 2 star, 3 star, 4 star, 5 star, budget, cheap and heritage hotels in Coorg.
We also provide one way taxi services from Coimbatore to Coorg.
Please click here to find taxi fare from Coimbatore to Coorg for all kinds of vehicles.